Welcome

Welcome

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Life Is A Test

I have come to the conclusion that life is a test.  I will pass this test or I will fail it, and it is a heavy burden to contemplate. 

I remember when I was in college, and in order to graduate I had to pass every kind of test imaginable.  I would study into the wee hours of the morning, reading and re-reading textbooks and notes.  I highlighted everything important in yellow and tried to memorize it.  My tests would be massive essays with little time to complete them, or they would be page after page of short answers.  Some teachers expected periodic papers of various lengths that would be graded and returned.  Only occasionally would you see a multiple choice or a true false examination.  And when you did, they were comprehensive with an endless array of questions and all the choices for answers seemed right.  Then there were the math tests, with endless calculations and formulas and rules to remember.  Cosines and sines, slide rules and protractors…it was an awful experience.  There wasn’t a day that I didn’t stress and worry about whether I would make it through the experience to my graduation day years in the future.

And now I realize all of life is a test.  Without a doubt the most important testing anyone can undergo.  Everything depends on getting it right…and what amazes me is that it is not an essay, or a physical performance test.  It’s not math computations or even an endless multiple choice array…it is a simple True/False test.  And guess what…there is only one question to answer.

Was Jesus Christ God in man’s flesh, who died and rose from the dead that whoever believed he could give them eternal life in heaven, would in fact get it? 

True or False?
Life is a test.  Will you pass?

No comments:

Post a Comment