Welcome

Welcome

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Who Am I



I had my identity stolen last week.  It was a very disconcerting experience when credit charges started actually piling up by the minute.  When I called my card companies charges were coming in as we spoke on the phone…and yet they gave me the assurance that I wouldn’t have any of those charges held against me, and that all I had to do was cut up my card and a new one would come in the mail the next day.

It set me to thinking: My identity is probably one of the most important things I have to be concerned about.  Not just my day-to-day identity for social security, bank loans, credit cards but my identity for eternity.  Who am I?  How does that matter?  I am a musician, I am a writer, I am a firefighter/medic, but none of those identities have any long-term value like my identity in Christ.  I am a Christian.  I that a nominal label that means nothing more than which pew I sit in?  Or is it a relationship with God that makes it so I am not held accountable for the charges against me?  What a cool credit card that is, if not only the things I am not responsible for are excused, but also the things I am responsible for are cleared from my account as well.  I don’t even have to fill out paperwork or cut up my membership card, it all happens automatically…and for me, probably pretty regularly.  I try not to run up those charges, but I’m not perfect.  Boy am I not perfect.  But I am perfected in Christ through his death on the cross.  It’s a done deal.  A contract signed in blood.

What is your identity?

(P.S.  I want a credit card like that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment