Welcome

Welcome

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Selma

I couldn’t help but notice in the president’s recent speech in Selma that if he had chosen to use one-tenth the energy, emotion, and commitment in speaking about people who cut people’s heads off, who bury people alive or crucify children for their beliefs, we would have defeated radical Islam long ago.

I feel that celebrations like Selma are most often used to just fan the flames of racism rather than celebrating the extremely valuable and dedicated sacrifices of those who fought for equal rights.  Along with positive comments about how far we’ve come, the president also clearly implied “those white racist MoFos are still out there.”  I couldn’t believe that despite his own administration failing to find any civil rights racism in Ferguson (or Florida regarding Treyvon Martin for that matter,) he still chose to use it as an example of ongoing racism…if you ask me, I would agree there was racism in those towns…the people in Ferguson who are racist were Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, the President and the blacks who demonstrated and rioted in the streets, not the whites of that area.  White Christians are on Obama’s hit list, even though it was white Christians who led the fight to abolish slavery in the 1860s and have fought for equal rights and continue to do so.


I have little respect for this president’s administrative skills, his lies, and his consistent efforts to undermine the constitution.   He had a great opportunity in his Selma speech as well as in his presidency as a whole, and as far as I’m concerned, he completely blew it.  Mr. President, you have two years to prove me wrong.  It may not sound like it, but I would love it if you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment