Welcome

Welcome

Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Truth About Easter


I’ve often wondered why Easter Bunnies ever came to be associated with Easter.  Have you?  I suspect it, like Christmas presents, has become just a way for businesses to make money selling stuff.  Perhaps it’s a way to de-center the message of Easter, just like Santa does for Christmas and dilutes the meaning and importance of the celebration.  The best attack the enemy can make is from within, and making these holidays meaningless from a spiritual standpoint would be a first priority.

Think about it.  How many people put up Christmas trees or have Easter egg hunts without the slightest thought toward what the holiday is all about.  Sadly, in American it is probably most people.  As for me, I will always be eternally amazed and eternally grateful for the sacrifice that Jesus made to come in human form and experience the human condition first hand only to die a gruesome and unjustified death on the cross.  I have something as a result that I have not earned and could never possess on my own:  Forgiveness for all my shortcomings...and standards to shoot for every day.

Perhaps that Easter bunny represents something useful after all.  The bunny gives birth to eggs which have a new life ahead of them.  Perhaps that is akin to our rebirth once we accept that the sacrifice that Jesus made was for us and gives us eternal life.


Have A Joyous Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment