Welcome

Welcome

Monday, January 26, 2015

Koko and Betty White

The Bible is pretty silent on any discussion about the fate of animals in this world.  Do they have souls?  Certainly there are those of us who are pet owners who marvel at the intelligence and personality of our pets.  In some cases the animals are clearly self-aware and intelligent enough to communicate in a sense that we as humans would equate with members of our own species.  To demonstrate this, I recommend that you go to this website link and see for yourself:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/shows_gcbty/?adbid=10153122554073287&adbpl=fb&adbpr=19654668286&soc=bettywhite_20150117_38836917

I've always felt the Bible was God's message to humans and that animals existed under a different code altogether.  I try not to be God, and I figure I'll leave the question and fate of those animals I call self-aware and intelligent up to God and not me.  In the meantime, those animals need special treatment.  We can't even treat other humans very well in many cases, and animals often fare far worse.

I'm not here particularly to advocate a PETA stand, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment