Welcome

Welcome

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Those Annoying Shirttails

My shirttails keep coming untucked throughout a typical day.  I’ve always thought that ought to be something that someone could invent a way to prevent (comfortably please!)  For some reason, thinking about that set me on a train of thought that literally derailed on a weird siding.  You see, I have often struggled with the idea that we are to be a new creature and filled with a need to live a righteous life and be guided by the spirit.  That’s what they always define a “real” Christian to be.  Clothed in the Spirit.  But you see, my shirt still comes  un-tucked! 
Bottom line is I’m not perfect!  Does that mean I’m a failure as a Christian and need to be shunned by all my fellowship?  I don’t believe that.  We are in process, not perfected.  Perfected in the Spirit in this context is a verb (a process) not a noun (a condition.)  I don’t get a free pass though.  As a Believer, I am required to recognize my failure and seek forgiveness from the appropriate entity.  Sometimes that is confessing it to God and committing to do better…sometimes it may even be harder and require confessing it to the ones I have wronged.
To me it’s like learning to shoot a basket on the court or hit a tennis ball.  You don’t succeed every time, but if you keep practicing, get good coaching and have the right attitude about your failures, you eventually get much better at it.  Or to bring it all back home, it’s like tucking that shirt back in and stepping out into life.

No comments:

Post a Comment