Welcome

Welcome

Thursday, September 6, 2012

What I Learned From The Woodpecker and Sparrow


I saw a sparrow hop up and watch a woodpecker this morning as he went to work.  I’m pretty sure I heard the woodpecker mutter to the sparrow, “You would not believe my Advil bill every month…and I don’t even want to talk about what I spend on my beak repair bills...and I’ve got double vision, do you think I could be getting a brain tumor? 

The woodpecker works hard, alone and endlessly to dig through and under the tree bark.  He knows when he hits a soft spot and gets in there, lots of tasty bugs are likely to be lounging around.  The sparrows work in groups and scavenge the surfaces, the cracks and the leaf litter for food, looking for the easy pickings. They must think the woodpecker works too hard, although some hang around to join in his feast after he’s done all the hard work. 

Are you a woodpecker or a sparrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment